Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 does not prompt to change expiring password

Active Directory

Old 28-05-2010

Windows 7 does not prompt to change expiring password

I am right now upgrading all of our users to Windows 7 and one thing that I have seen so far is that they are not able to get alerts to reset their password before it expires. Incase they log into a Windows Server 2003 or an XP machine, then they get the alert. Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Thanks.

Old 29-05-2010

Re: Windows 7 does not prompt to change expiring password

I think Windows 7 does prompt you but it will not do it at login like XP/2003 used to do. Incase your password is due to expire, then a notification bubble will appear next to the clock at some given time period after logging in. I normally prefer it that way, but having to click past an extra dialog box is irritating on older versions.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory