Thread: how to access to a shared folder on a NAS server

how to access to a shared folder on a NAS server

I have a AD network with Windows Server 2003 DC and 4 Windows XP domain clients, and in there there is a shared folder on a NAS server. The access to this shared folder is restricted to some users defined on the NAS server. This username on the Synology mathces the username defined on the AD server. The issue is that when I login on the Windows XP client with one of the username defined even on the NAS server I can access without any issues for the shared folder on the Nas server from the Windows XP client. When I am trying to login to XP client with a username that is not defined on the NAS server then I am not able to access the shared folder on the Synology in any way. I have tried to map the drive with a different username but it isnt working. Can anyone tell me how to get this thing working? Thanks.

Re: how to access to a shared folder on a NAS server

Well, it seems to be that it is not a AD issue but its likely to be a Synology one. I think that the NAS is not a real domain member where you can try to apply the normal AD groups/users on the folder security?

Re: how to access to a shared folder on a NAS server

I also think that there is some issue related to the Synology NAS server. I am able to apply read/write permission directly to the shared folder on the NAS server where I have defined a user with similar username and password of which is defined in AD but the NAS server is not a member of the AD domain. Thanks for the reply.