Thread: Can't connect to Domain

Can't connect to Domain

I just recently installed Windows 2008 server at my office. I set up an Active Directory Domain Controller, made sure all the PC's DNS address was pointing to the new server and connected them to the Domain. 3 of the 5 PC's connected no problem. All five computers have windows 7 business, 4 of the five are on wireless N. The fifth one is connected via cat5 but is not one of the PC's receiving and error. Two of them keep giving me this error when I try to connect to the domain.

An Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for the domain "community.com" could not be contacted.

Ensure that the domain name is typed correctly.

<Details>

If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\Windows\debug\dcdiag.txt.

DNS was successfully queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain "community.com":

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.community.com

The following domain controllers were identified by the query:
    big-blue.community.com

When I open the log file it says the following.

DNS was successfully queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain "community.com":

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.community.com

The following domain controllers were identified by the query:
    big-blue.community.com

However no domain controllers could be contacted.

Common causes of this error include:

- Host (A) or (AAAA) records that map the names of the domain controllers to their IP addresses are missing or contain incorrect addresses.

- Domain controllers registered in DNS are not connected to the network or are not running.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Can't connect to Domain

When he ran dcpromo on the domain controller be supposed to have been necessary to enter a NetBIOS name for the domain. When you go to connect the domain you be supposed to be typing the NetBIOS name of the domain rather than the DNS name of the server. Make confident you have "NetBIOS over TCP / IP enabled" in the superior network settings. Sounds similar to you previously have allowed if you can see the server in My Network Places. “Technically you are able to include a NetBIOS domain name completely different from what the real name server DNS. For illustration, I utilize my domain name myserver.mycompany.local the same as my DNS server, however my NetBIOS name used for the domain is "mattstudio." through joining a workstation on the way to my domain, I would utilize "mattstudio" instead of "root myserver.mycompany.local NetBIOS names used for the domain is the domain controller listens for when a workstation try to join.