Thread: Allow users to modify their information

Allow users to modify their information

How to allow users to modify or simply update their Active Directory information. I am using Windows Server 2008 SP1 with Exchange 2007. I am not able to find any option on the web that can tell me how to do this. I had gone through some articles but still it is quiet complicated to get the right output. I want to allow some of my users to update information related to their account.

I do not think you can give them maximum access. You can only allow them some limited accessibility. While for the others you have to work more on permission. You can go in the Advance section and there click on Security Options. In that you can also find Delegate Control Wizard. Just go on that and configure the settings. I will not recommend you to touch it unless you are completely aware about the permission stuff.

You can do that by following Self Server Active Directory Update. There are also many other options available. You must try to use GAL also here and then see whether it works fine or not. If a user lies inside the domain it will be allowed to modify the global address book. That is the only changes a user can do. While for other stuff you have to use he admin access only.