Thread: The LDAP server is unavailable Message

The LDAP server is unavailable Message

I usually authenticate users from Active Directory using System.Directory.Protocols via C#. I am able to authenticate many users with the same connection without any issues. But the kind of problem that I have is different. When I am trying to reset a users password and try to authenticate this user using the previous password, instead of getting a message that should tell me that my credentials are invalid, I am getting "The LDAP server is unavailable" error message. After that I am getting the same error message for each user I try to authenticate.The only fix for this problem is to open a new connection. Is there anyone with some other ideas? Thanks.

Re: The LDAP server is unavailable Message

If you are running on a single server, or at least two Web applications are on the same server, you should have network problems (firewalls, etc.) If they are in different servers, this could have an impact. You may want to look at the instance of ADAM using ADSI Edit to see if users are being created. Sounds like they are, however you never be acquainted with. They have also set up to accept connections ADAM LDAPS? You can validate this by starting the Command ADAM LDP operating system, and then connects to the server using SSL on port 636. You can also check that the Network Service account was granted access to the container LDAP? Use ADSI Edit to outlook the role of administrator of your LDAP container. Ensure the member attribute and make confident network service is there.