Thread: Folder redirection not working

Folder redirection not working

Hello,

on the server should I just create a shared folder with default permissions or I have to edit the permissions. I want that all authenticated users have their downloads folder redirected to main share on the server. I have tried but it is not working and I am having this error...

Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Downloads" to "\\dc-server\redirection".
    Redirection options=0x1211.
    The following error occurred: "Can not create folder "\\dc-server\redirection"".
    Error details: "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object".

Re: Folder redirection not working

Folder Redirection snap-in allows you to redirect some of the user profile folder to another location (usually on a network share). Folder Redirection to a shared resource network allows, for example, provide access to the information listed folders for different computers on the network (especially important for the My Documents folder), and increase availability and simplify backup information.
    • Start the Group Policy.
    • Locate the Folder Redirection node and open it.
    • Enter the special folder and click the right mouse button. In the shortcut menu, click Properties.
    • In the Folder Options in the drop-down list (Setting), select Basic (Basic), if the special folder is reassigned to one place for all users. Input box will appear to stay the destination folder (Target Folder Location).
    • Click the Browse button and browse to the location information be reassigned.
    • If a special folder for different groups reassigned to different places, in the Value list, click Advanced (Advanced). In this case, the bottom of the Folder Properties box appears in security group membership (Security Group Membership).
    • Click Add. In the dialog box, chose a group and placing (Specify Group and Location), type the name of the user group and the corresponding target location reassigned information.