DNS Server dot deleting old records
I am having two DC and two DNS in native mode. I am using Exchange Server 2003 here. I am facing a problem with some old record in the system. I am using DHCP here and configured dynamic updates. But I found that still many systems are using old record. I went on web and found that this problem can be due to Scavenge. I am not able to get rid of the problem. I am sure there will be some way to fix the problem. Can you assist me. Thanks.
Go in the DNS server console and click on Advance. Ensure that settings here are enabled. You can simply remove the old record and then move ahead with new one. You can find a checkbox there saying Delete this record when it become stale. Just click on it and enable the settings. I do not think you will get any benefit from Scavenging. This will not wipe out old records or clear duplicate.
Did you configure DHCP credential at the time of registering record. You will need to re-verify your settings once again. The problem may be due to the same. There are some things that you can try.
1. First add DHCP Server to DnsUpdateProxy Group.
2. Force DHCP to register all records, Forward and PTR, (whether a
client machine can do it or not) in the Option 081 tab (DHCP
properties, DNS tab).
3. Set Option 015 to the AD domain name (such as example.com).
4. Set Option 006 to only the internal DNS servers.
5. If the zone is set for Secure Updates Only, then DHCP cannot update non-Microsoft clients and Microsoft clients that are not joined to the domain. In this case, you will need to create and configure a user account for use as credentials for DHCP to register such clients.
|Tags: dhcp, dns, dns server, domain controller, exchange 2003, records|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "DNS Server dot deleting old records"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Deleting records using the application?||Tuhina||Software Development||4||25-12-2010 03:40 AM|
|DHCP Server unable to update DNS resource records||Valdis||Windows Software||4||14-12-2010 02:27 PM|
|Email Not Deleting Off Server When Deleting From Email Screen On HTC Sense UI||Mahatma||Portable Devices||4||20-04-2010 11:56 AM|
|Event ID 6702 DNS server has updated its own host (A) records ......||2feral||Windows Server Help||1||30-07-2007 08:52 AM|
|Registration of DNS records failed: The RPC server is unavailable||Paul Kus||Windows Server Help||5||23-11-2005 03:43 AM|