Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

query the last login time of the computer/server

Active Directory

Old 23-10-2009

query the last login time of the computer/server

I want to clear some old computers and Servers account from the domain that we are using. I also want to be able to generate a report to tell me week since used, last logon to that computers/servers or disable or not. I have tried oldcmp.exe, and I am not 100% sure the report is proper since some of the computers lastLogonTimestamp is 2008 which is not proper. Is there anyone who knows about a vb script or tools that can allow me to do this. Thanks.

Old 23-10-2009

Re: query the last login time of the computer/server

Incase you are running computers with older dates then what you expect, I think that you have downed a DC that these machines used to authenticate against. Each DC has its own date of the last logon for each accout. There is a script that list last logon for each user account and that could be modified to use machine account that you can search on the net.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory