Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Group Policy for Date Format?

Active Directory

Old 21-10-2009

Group Policy for Date Format?

I need some help here to configure the default date format. I am trying to do the same in Regional and Language settings. I am doing this on each of my workstations and also on the Windows Server. Now can anyone tell me that is it possible to use Group Policy for this process so that I do not have to go in each workstation and manually change the settings.

Old 26-10-2009

It is possible to do. For that you have go in mmc first and then go in the search box. Go to File and then click on Add/Remove Snap-in. Here you will find Group Policy Object Editor. Click on Add. Now click on browse and then simply click on the compute. Once you click on Finish you can see System Policy Editor Window. Go to options and then click on Policy Template. Click Add and then here you have to choose the file or folder for which you want to set the date.
Old 07-11-2011

Re: Group Policy for Date Format?

hi Irv,

can u please tell me if this is going to work on the systems that don't have windows xp or not. if not then what all changes do i need to make cause i have mixed system in the organization. i have a windows 2008 r2 server and my client machines are terminal clients and normal desktops.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: , , ,