Thread: Sonicwall SSLVPN, Active Directory, password changes & LDAP / TLS ?

Sonicwall SSLVPN, Active Directory, password changes & LDAP / TLS ?

There is a client with a Windows 2003 AD domain and we just implemented a password policy. But its causing grief for remote users who access Termical Services through a Sonicwall SSL-VPN appliance. I am attempting to allow password changes to work via the SonicWALL SSLVPN and it isnt working through the nativ AD integrated connection or passthrough. Some tech guy told me to configure the Sonicwall with different domain that has a checkbox to allow for password changes and I did the same. A test user was able to connect and log into AD but unless I tick the box for "user must change password" in ADUC. At some point the Sonicwall login returns a generic "bad login name or password". I dont know what else to do, so if anyone can help me then it will be appreciated.

I wont expect SSL to help with this. In normal LDAP programming, if the user has "change password at next logon" set, an LDAP bind authentication for that user will fail with the error that you are getting. The only supported thing that I know which allows change password at next log in to work as an interactive logon that is not the same as what happens in LDAP at all. The SSL does make password changes using ADSI, but it wil not allow the intial bind operation to work actually.