Thread: The User Profile Service service failed the logon.

The User Profile Service service failed the logon.

My title is the error I’m receiving on Windows Server 2008 Standard. I tried searching the solution on web but dint found anything. Let me explain the situation. We have created an Account on a Member Server within Domain. My both systems are AD DC's. I don’t know why the system is not allowing me to logon with AD account, which is a members of Domain/Enterprise Admins group. Whenever I try login in, I get an error message saying

“The User Profile Service service failed the logon”

Please help.

Re: The User Profile Service service failed the logon.

The situation provided is not enough to understand the problem. Hence can you just try accessing Event Viewer on your system from any other machine and see if there are warnings on error messages listed? If yes, just post the same here.

Hello Toshaan.

Can you just tell me if the windows Server 2008 is with Service Pack 1 or a prerelease version? Until you reply you can just checkout the following Microsoft Article having a Hotfix. http://support.microsoft.com/default...rss&spid=12925. Just note that this hotfix is available for only Windows Server 2008 without SP. Hence if you have prerealease version, apply the same.

Also check this article, even it states Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215/en-us

Appreciate your helps guys. Let me tell you that I'm able to logon on the same system with my Primary Administrator account. But when i try to login with the new account it still gives me the same problem.

By the way, here is the log i can see in Event Viewer:

========================

Event ID: 1500

Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly.

DETAIL - Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

Event ID: 1511

Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

Event ID: 1509

Windows cannot copy file C:\Users\Default\{f963c48e-3cd6-4cbd-b763-a41ff0215f19}\ to location
    C:\Users\a-jw\{f963c48e-3cd6-4cbd-b763-a41ff0215f19}\. This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights.

========================

Hey guys, even i'm struggling with the same problem. And as Illeana stated above, though i'm running Windows 2008 with SP1, That hotfix doesn't seems to be working for me. Any idea what is wrong?