Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Help with mapped drives - Group policy

Active Directory

Old 20-03-2009

Help with mapped drives - Group policy

At office we have several client workstations running with Windows Server 2003 R2. We have also applied a GPO with settings to run some VBS scripts to map network drives to drive letters for all users. Now what I am planning to do is to map a network drive to a drive letter but this will be for only 2 users, not all.

I sit possible? I guess yet. But how? Please help.

Old 20-03-2009

Re: Help with mapped drives - Group policy

Hello Victor, you can do this by creating a new security group. Later add both of those users to this new group. Once done you can create a vb logon script to map the drives based on the security group.

Thats it There are few script generator tools as well available. You can Google for the same.
Old 20-03-2009

Thank you. I have downloaded that script tool. The security group I had already created but this script generator tool was exactly what I needed.Help appreciated.
Old 31-01-2012

I am also in need of clarification that whether we can able to remove the administrator as member of that shared folder.

Thanks
Raghavan
Old 01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavanhr View Post
I am also in need of clarification that whether we can able to remove the administrator as member of that shared folder.

Thanks
Raghavan
When you plan access to shared folders, determine the type of permissions to use, who needs access to the folders, and the level of access that users require. You can also disable administrative shares and hide shared folders. For more information refer to this article - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...68(WS.10).aspx

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: , , ,