Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Group Policy Screensaver in W2003 Servers

Active Directory

Old 02-03-2009

Group Policy Screensaver in W2003 Servers

I recently creater a policy to put the screensaver in black on Windows 2003 servers. The issue is that it is not coveted by the policy and will even give me some error. On the computer that I am using it, gives the resulting GP refused because it is empty but the user does not leave either approved or denied. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 02-03-2009

Re: Group Policy Screensaver in W2003 Servers

Could you please tell us where exactly do you link the policy to, that is, for the users or computers in the OU? Which policy setting did you use?
Old 02-03-2009

Re: Group Policy Screensaver in W2003 Servers

Incase the GPUdate says that the policy is empty, which is usually how I come to know about you issue, then the problem could be that you linked the screensaver policy to a wrong OU. Check the screensaver setting in your GPO and see if that based on a user configuration or computer configuration setting? Depending on that, you will have to apply the policy to an OU with user targets or an OU with computer targets.
Old 03-03-2009

If I am understanding your question properly then the users are in the OU where the GPO is linked to? Try to run gpresult /v on a client machine and check if the policy is applied. You need to also ensure that the client computer use only the domain DNS server on the NIC, no external DNS servers. Try to apply against the computer and then check that the users have read and apply on the GPO.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: , ,