Thread: Active Directory Forest Health Check

Active Directory Forest Health Check

I’m in need of some urgent help from you all. We are running a Server with domain and Forest. Due to some security reasons I would like to find out if there were any changes or modification done in the Forest by any one. So I need to know if there is any tools, tests, or diagnostics which can help me to check the same in forest or domain. Also it should work to check the healkth of forest.

I searched on web and found few tools but all those work only for Domain and not the forest. Any suggestions please?

Re: Active Directory Forest Health Check

There are several tools you can use such as dcdiag, netdiag, repadmin, replmon and dnslint. As the forest also has Domain controllers and DNS servers these tools will help you. If they operate/replicate correct the forest will be fine.

I agree with JareD. The forest itself consists of domains too. Hence when run diagnostic tools for especially, it will also check the entire forest including every domain’s health and consistency. So what you can do is simply start off with the forest root domain and roll down the domain tree until you have all domains checked. And the best tool available for the same are dcdiag, netdiag, repadmin.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. Your explanation is what I thought, just wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone had something
    different to say about it. Thanks!