Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Run some Login Scripts with Administrative privilege

Active Directory

Old 08-02-2009

Run some Login Scripts with Administrative privilege

Can anyone tell me a way to run some login scripts with Admin priviledge. For instance, I created some login script to disable usb and in my solution there is a batch file, so how can I run this batch file with Admin priviledge through login script? Thanks.

Old 08-02-2009

RE: Run some Login Scripts with Administrative privilege

Incase you are looking to just disable the USB, then you will have to better do that by going into group policy.
Old 08-02-2009

RE: Run some Login Scripts with Administrative privilege

Thanks, but I am not able to understand you, could you please elaborate what do you mean to say?
Old 09-02-2009

Since you have not posted what your script actually does, I would recommend you to roll the script out using a computer startup script rather than a logon script. The logon scripts run when users log on, with their permissions on the system. The computer startup scripts run on computer startup in the System context which should have almost all rights on the system.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: