Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to Block Group Policy Inheritance

Active Directory

Old 12-01-2009

Unable to Block Group Policy Inheritance

I am using Windows 2003 Server. It is an SP2 edition. Now there is a group policy which works on the user level and allows drive mapping. There is one more OU Name server in the system that simply block the inheritance of GPO named login. Named Login is the group policy. Now I had checked everything but somehow it looks the policy fails to work properly. I want some help here to block the group policy from the server.

Old 12-01-2009

The reason behind issue you are facing lies in the user configuration policy. The configuration is simply applied to the user not the machine. Now here it is not possible to block the inheritance on the server. You have to use ServersOU that must be child OU of Accounts OU. There are some links available below which will give you more general idea about what you are trying to do.

Loopback processing of Group Policy
Using Loopback Processing to Configure User Settings
Loopback processing with merge or replace
Old 22-06-2010

I need some urgent help please!!

I have 2000 server domain recently i have implemental user configuration Desktop policy so all user have same desktop wallpaper.

Some how i need to exclude this policy to apply to my member server on domain.

When same user log on to specific server i don't want member server on domain to have Desktop wallpaper applied.
Is there any solution to this issue?

I have created new OU and added member server in OU
Configured new GPO called Block Desktop for this OU and enabled loopback policy in replcae mode.

But when i try to log on to member server i still get Desktop wallpaper from my User configuration GPO.
Old 22-06-2010
Florian Frommherz [MVP]

Configure a different wallpaper GPO for the OU the member server is in
and configure a loopback policy accordingly.

Yeah, try to configure a different wallpaper in the new GPO for that
member server (in User Configuration)
Old 22-06-2010

Re: Unable to Block Group Policy Inheritance

I have configured different wallpaper ne new GPO for member server group in user configuration i still get my original wallpaer from 1st GPO.

Not sure what's going on.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: , , , ,