Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Add domain user\group to local admin group problem

Active Directory

Old 11-12-2008

Add domain user\group to local admin group problem

I have got 2 Windows Server 2008 servers. One of that is a DC and the other is a member server. I have created a global security group in AD and tried to add it as a member of the local Administrators group of the member server. I can add it but if I open it back up the group is not listed. I have tried another test and if I click apply instead of Ok then the domain group\user disappears instantly. When I am trying to add the same domain group\user then it says that they are already a member once I click ok. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Thanks.

Old 11-12-2008

Check the Restricted Groups Policy Settings which is a security setting that allows an administrator to define two properties for security-sensitive groups (or restricted groups). The two properties are Members and Member Of. Here is the link to this article - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc756802.aspx
Old 11-12-2008

Can you let me know the proper method? I have done a fresh install with no custom setting in AD. I have checked and I didnt see any Restricted Groups configured in the default domain policy.
Old 16-10-2009

I think that it has something to do with the licensing problem or maybe not enough client access license perhaps? Have you sysprep machines first or simply added a clone with identical SIDs? Sysprep will force the installation to create a brand new SID for all components that has a SID associated to its indentity.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: ,