Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to grant reset password rights to user?

Active Directory

Old 31-10-2008

How to grant reset password rights to user?

There are several users connected to my Domain. I want to provided rights to only few of them so that they can reset their passwords. Acess only for resetting their passwords and nothing else.

Is it possible? If yes, where and what permissions do I need to provide them? Will they need Admin access for this? Please help.

Old 31-10-2008

Re: How to grant reset password rights to user?

Yes it is possible and quite easy to do. To do that you need to go to OU where the user should get the permission, rightclick the OU and choose "Delegate control" wizard.

Hope it helps.
Best regards
Old 31-10-2008

Re: How to grant reset password rights to user?

Thank you very much for the help Mike. That was really very simple. It worked.

Help appreciated.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: , , ,