Thread: LDIFDE Import Command

LDIFDE Import Command

We are on an Active Directory on Windows 2003 server. We normally use the LDIFDE command to import users to Active Directory. We are running the command (LDIFDE -i -f users.ldf -s servername) at the domain controller. Below is the entry in the batch file. There are no spaces between each entry dn: CN=Doe_John,OU=Marketing Dept,OU=Various Users,DC=xxx,DC=xxx,DC=com

changetype: add
    cn: Matt_Cutts
    objectClass: user
    samAccountName: Doe_John
    userAccountControl: 66048
    givenName: Andrewa

Re: LDIFDE Import Command

You can try to export your current OU to file and compare the entry for line one with your input files.

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems to be a good suggestion. I have compared my export and import files. The syntax looks the same. Does the syntax need to be in any order? Have you got any other suggestion? Thanks

You can try to do 2 things, either place a space after each comma in the dn or else you can try to place double quotes arounf the DN. That will work properly.

Thanks for the replies but it is still now working, so can you give me some solutions that might work? Thanks

You can check out the below microsoft webstie link that has some informatin on LDP has anything to do this?
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc738093.aspx

You can try to just copy and paste the values directly from your LDIF file into the various fields in the Add Child dialog. After that put the DN from LDIF in the DN field and then just add each attributes's name and value into the attribute list by clicking enter after pair of valise if pasted in. Incase you have all the attributes from your LDIF in the attribute list, you can click Run to submit your add operation.