Thread: Join computer to domain without domain admins right

Join computer to domain without domain admins right

Is it possible to join a computer to the Windows Server 2003 Domain without admin rights. I am having some of my friends who are facing problem with the connectivity and our network admin is out of town. I am not able to find any solution for the same. I am having a account which is having rights a bit lower than admin. I just want to add the accounts of pc back in the server and configure the same.

I am providing you some links that can provide you more information on the your process. The second link below offer you information on adding a computer to server without admin rights. If this does not work then contact your admin to provide you permission for doing this.

Default limit to number of workstations a user can join to the domain
    Error message when non-administrator users who have been delegated control try to join computers to a Windows Server 2003-based or a Windows Server 2008-based domain controller: "Access is denied"

It is not possible unless your admin does not offer you permission for doing the same. You must contact your admin and talk to him regarding permission settings. It is essential or else it will be a waste of time. You have to check your settings. If you are not able to add a computer then it simply means that you are not having any permission stuff. You will need to wait back till the guy comes and fix it.