Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Exchange mailbox store

Active Directory

Old 01-10-2008

Exchange mailbox store

Recently I created a adfind script using which I can export users and their AD OU path like ?dn:CN=Display Name,OU=XXX,DC=domain,DC=local?

Before doing the same, I wanted to know if there is any way I can also get their Exchange mailbox store which is stored as Mailbox store in the Active Directory? If yes, please let me know how.

Old 01-10-2008

Re: Exchange mailbox store

Yes, it is possible. You can do this with the following command.

adfind -sc u:userid homemdb

This will export the homemdb of a user. Hope it helps.
Old 01-10-2008

Thank you very much for the reply Brandy. I tried the same but the output was like this:

Quote:
CN=xxx,CN=xxx,CN=InformationStore,CN=xxxx,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange
Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,
CN=yyy,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=yyy,DC=local
It is OK but it will be much better if i can get the "friendly" list like only "exchange name" and "mailbox store". Is it possible?
Old 01-10-2008

Not sure as I haven?t tried it ever but I think as you are trying to export an attribute using a ldf / adfind / csv tool, it will provide exactly the outpout you mentioned above. However you can simply customize this output as you want. These tools will extract the output and give you the result - that's it. Incase, you come out with some splendid designed solution ? please share with all of us.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: , ,