Thread: OU delegation, permission to move but not delete objects

OU delegation, permission to move but not delete objects

I need some help here to limit the group permission of some users or computers. I want to do that on the basis of OU and Sub-OU. I am not able to get rid of any accounts. There is a group that offers help to user. But somehow I want to reconfigure the permission and move the account to Sub-OU. Can anyone tell me how to do the same. I am looking for the most easy and straightforward solution that can be easy to configure.

You can do two things here that can help you. You can simply create a object and or simply delete it. You will need to provide appropriate rights for the process to take place. The correct solution here normally depends on the requirement. It is possible to configure a delegation that can allow the users to move in different OU. The one among it is called as two way delegation. This is the most easiest one and requires minimum settings. For that just right click on the OU and then click on permission. Go in Advance and click on Add Button. Here you can select the user or group and delegate the permission.

I think this would be more easier in many ways. You have to work with script for fixing the same. There are tons of site available that gives you information on managing script and applying the kind of action you want. Here you can simply choose a user or group to which you wan to delegate the permission. There is a one way delegation process available. Here you can simply move from one OU to other permanently. For that just right click on the OU and then go in Permission > Advanced button > Add button. Select the user or group form here and then delegate the new permission.