Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Force GPO update from DC?

Active Directory

Old 02-09-2008

Force GPO update from DC?

As Iím running a Server since long time I know that I can run GPUpdate to initiate policy refresh from the client side itself. I even know how to manipulate the policy refresh interval on the server side. But hereís the problem. Suppose if I have created a critical GPO change and wanted it pushed right away without the user having to do anything. Can anyone of you please tell me how can do it easily.

Old 03-09-2008

RE: Force GPO update from DC?

Hello criscent,

I have done this in past using psexec. Actually the process is bit long and you should first know the complete details about the same. Hence i will suggest you to better check out the following article:

How to Force Remote Group Policy Processing
Old 03-09-2008

Re: Force GPO update from DC?

Hope you might be aware that some of the GP extensions are not processed during a background refresh. And it may also need a reboot or re-logon followed by GPUpdate. Doesn't default 90 minute refresh interval (with 30 minute offset) work for you?
Old 03-09-2008

Re: Force GPO update from DC?

Apart from PSExec there are several other ways to carry out a refresh centrally. I know some of the free command-line utilities such as a .Net .exe and one using PowerShell here: www.gpoguy.com/rgprefresh.htm

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: ,