Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot login to domain controller

Active Directory

Old 15-08-2008

Cannot login to domain controller

I am facing a problem with domain controller login. It is not working. I am getting a error on the screen. The error says that Windows is unable to connect to the domain. The domain is not available. Please try again. I had checked my network where everything looks like working well. There is no issue with DC here. There are some workstations which are able to join. So this is a bit weird that only a few computers are facing the problem. How can I find the issue behind this.

Old 15-08-2008

Re: Cannot login to domain controller

Run cmd and in that type ipconfig /all hit enter. What you can see in that. If you are unable to read the same then post the details here. I think the issue lies with your dns. The client system is unable to collect appropriate information due to which you are facing problem. Just try to add all the settings manually and then check back.
Old 18-08-2008

unable to login to domain

Hi
Do you have two domain controllers in your network...
Check the replication is taking place,it can be a problem of that.......
Old 21-08-2008

I am using multiple domains here which looks to be working really well. There is no problem at all with the same. It is necessary that you must give complete information on your network settings. That will help to provide more troubleshooting support.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: ,