Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Slow Log off scripts when laptop is off the domain network

Active Directory

Old 12-08-2008

Slow Log off scripts when laptop is off the domain network

There are log off scripts with us that is set on one of our GPOs. At the time laptops are taking off the network, they usually take 15 minutes to shutdown as they get stuck at the "running log off scripts". I think that it might be looking for our DCs but since the laptop is not on the network, it will not find them and thus times out? Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue by changing the setting that will bypass the log off scripts? Thanks.

Old 12-08-2008

Re: Slow Log off scripts when laptop is off the domain network

When the laptops are disconnected from any network (with no link in the NIC), they should not do that thing. Incase they have some connectivity, it can be said that they try to find the script or DC.
Old 14-08-2008

Thanks for the reply, this problem usually happens when the laptop is connected to a home network through ethernet cable or Wifi card. The solution right now is to unplug the ethernet cable/turn off the wifi card to make the log off process faster. Is there any other way of making it to go fast without having to do that? Thanks.
Old 15-08-2008

Can you try to disconnect the cable and then let us know the results.
Old 15-08-2008

If I am disconnecting the cable, then it works properly. It is the only solution that I have written earlier. Thanks.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: , ,